Day 0: JumpStart
InterCommunity 2015 and JumpStart
7:30am – 3pm
Get up to speed on international and New Zealand perspectives and issues. Join us for breakfast on Wednesday and then the 8am start of the Internet Society’s InterCommunity Event, a global event bringing together hubs from all over the world to talk about Internet issues. This event will also broadcast online live from the main hub at NetHui 2015.
Collaborative notes for InterCommunity 2015 morning session
After morning tea, Jumpstart continues with lightning talks, interactive discussion and more! Jumpstart your NetHui with top speakers and discussion.
Collaborative notes for JumpStart
11:00 – 11:30: Connecting the Nethui community
11:30 – 12:30: How the Internet works
11:30 – 12:00:
- Intro to how the Internet works — Ellen Strickland, Community Programme Director, Internet NZ
- The World Internet Project — Charles Crothers, World Internet Project NZ
- UFB rollout — Rohan McMahon, Strategy Director, Crown Fibre Holdings
12:00 – 12:30:
- Privacy and security — Sarah Thompson, Policy Advisor, Office of the Privacy Commissioner
- InternetNZ, NZRS and DNCL — Brenda Wallace, Councillor, InternetNZ
- Internet governance — Jordan Carter, CEO, InternetNZ
13:30 – 14:30: Overview of Internet issues
13:30 – 14:00:
- Education — Mark Osborne, Senior Consultant, CORE Education
- Maker Culture – Jaco van der Merwe, Workshop Enterprises Ltd
- Access and inclusion — Di Daniels, National Coordinator Computers in Homes, 2020 Trust
14:00 – 14:30:
- Accessibility — Kevin Prince, Accessibility Consultant, Access One in Five
- Business — Sarah Putt, NZ Public Affairs Manager, MYOB
- Content — Paddy Buckley, Managing Director, Quickflix NZ
14:30 – 15:00: The Internet is your business
Join the Internet Society for refreshments and then the 6pm start of the Internet Society’s InterCommunity 2015, a global event bringing together hubs from all over the world to talk about Internet issues. This event will broadcast online live to the world from NetHui 2015.
Collaborative notes for InterCommunity 2015 evening session
Note: You can only attend ONE Day 0 event. You don’t need to register for the NetHui main event (Days 1 and 2) to attend a Day 0 event. Lunch not provided for Day 0.
Sponsors & Community Supporters
NetHui wouldn’t be possible without the generous support of a large number of community partners and sponsors. If you would like to be a community support organisation and help us make NetHui 2015 the best one yet, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in sponsoring NetHui 2015, please look at the sponsorship prospectus and contact email@example.com.